Now, as I'm sure you all know, I recently finished my marching season with the homecoming halftime show. This year's marching season was fun, but I'm already looking forward to next season- and not just because I like marching band! I'm excited because...
WE'RE GOING TO HAWAII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
![]() |
| (Digital Artist: me) |
Note for context: Mr. Taylor and Hughes are our band directors.
Dear Mr. Taylor, Mr. Hughes, and the Band:
2016 will mark the 75th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor, etc. etc.
We want to take this opportunity to congratulate you and the band for being selected as the official ambassador from your state in the 75th Anniversary Pearl Harbor Memorial Parade. *Goes on about how the band was selected* As a high school band from your state, this takes on more significance. There were nine battleships moored in the harbor on December 7th, 1941; each of these will be represented by an outstanding high school band from the state that bears it's name. *YUS!*
*thanks sponsors for their support* On behalf of the Pearl Harbor Parade Committee we congratulate you and look forward to having you be a part of the 75th Anniversary Pearl Harbor Memorial Parade.
Mahalo and we look forward to working with you in 2016!
(signed by one of the parade committee members)
WE'RE AN OUTSTANDING BAND!!! YAY! YAY BAND!!!
I am proud of my band.
![]() |
| Us after finding out about the trip! (Pic by me.) Note: We wear white gloves with our uniforms, that's why the hand is white. |
We were SILENT, and it was around then that I finally processed the fact that Hawaii did actually exist. And then someone (it might have been me) started clapping and said, "YAY BAND!" And after that there was NO silence whatsoever. It was GREAT.
![]() |
| Hawaii! (Waikiki, that is.) We'll probably stay somewhere around here. |
Now the only hard part is fundraising. In the weeks that have passed since we found out about the trip, about 53 band students (including me!) have signed up for the trip. We have about 8 months for all of us to raise around 2 grand each just to pay travel expenses. Actually, I want to help my family raise three times that so that my parents can come as chaperones. They helped me get into the band, grow my musical talent, payed my band fees, and helped me with many other things that I'm thankful for; they even offered to pay for part of MY trip (I feel bad for my friends, whose parents refuse to pay for any part of their trips). So now I must organize fundraisers. And do homework so that I don't fail any classes.
Yay band. We're going to Hawaii!!!!!!!!!! :D
P.S. Want to know more about this parade? Go here: http://www.pearlharborparade.org
![]() |
| Yay band. This was the warm-up arc that morning. Thanks to my mom for taking this pic. |




No comments:
Post a Comment