Monday, July 4, 2016

Blog Challenge *Day 7*

This is another good one: What were your favorite childhood toys?
My mom and dad would know better than me on this one, but I'll put what I remember. 
I had one of those push cars. According to my dad, we brought it home, put it together, and by that night I was running. Not walking- running. Maybe I should take up track or something.
www.littletikes.com
Then I had blocks. Sooo many blocks. I had wooden blocks and Duplo blocks and more. The Duplo blocks, however, succeeded in hooking me on Legos later. I have a theory about Duplo blocks, and that is that they're made to get kids started early so that they'll for sure buy Legos when they're older.
3dprint.com
Next up was probably the Plan City wooden parking garage and train set. Are you seeing a trend here? I was in to vehicles and building toys, instead of Barbies and that trash. This is a good thing. I am not a girly girl. I don't mind getting my hands dirty. But here's the parking garage and train I was talking about.
curtismlewis.net
This was such a hit for me that I soon wanted the airport and roundhouse to go with it. I never got either of those things, but I did spend a lot of happy hours running around the house with the cars and the road pieces, putting them together into highways and such.
Then came the horses! So many horses! The most precious of them all is Seabiscuit.
~Le Biscuit~
The Biscuit is the special plush animal that I keep beyond my childhood. He lives in that white bookcase and looks out the window. He's actually not that old because I only got him last year but it feels like I've always had him. Yeah. The horses are special.
So that's all about that. The horses are the most special, although I've actually still got all the other stuff in my basement still. Creepy? Nah. I just haven't bothered to sell it yet. Which in all honesty I will probably never get to.

No comments:

Post a Comment