Friday, February 19, 2016

After the Break Time

Today is the last official day of February break, however, since it's Friday we're being led right into a weekend and so I have 2 more school-free days.
The break itself has been good. It went way too fast for me. Last Friday was the band fundraiser. The total number of $$$ we earned hasn't been released yet, but I'm sure it was a good amount. Unfortunately I was stupid enough to NOT sign up to be there the night of, so I looked through the photos my dad took the night after. I wish I had been there! It looked great. We had this thing called the "Giving Tree", which was actually a white Christmas tree with a marching hat on top. Guests would choose a paper tag off the tree and buy/donate whatever it said on the tag to and/or for the band. I didn't see it in person but it looked great. From now on, I think I will always have a white Christmas tree with a marching hat on top at Christmas time.
the "Giving Tree"
(as seen by me)
Saturday and Sunday were normal. Nothing much to say there. I don't find much value in that thing they call 'Valentine's Day' other than giving and eating chocolate and giving valentines to close family members. But that's just me.
My dad had Monday off from work, so we all went shopping together. We went to the mall but didn't buy anything except stuff from The Container Store for our kitchen. I tried on a bunch of clothes but I elected not to buy them. I did end up buying that quality book I mentioned in my previous post- and I also got a coloring book (the complex, detailed kind). These two things have kept me occupied for the past few days. Also that day we went to a shoe store and I decided that my next pair of shoes will be a pair of Vans high-tops, either in entirely white or black Hawaiian print. Or something like that.
Tuesday I stayed at home. I practiced trumpet and wished for more snow, as it was all melting.
Wednesday I had to go to the dentist. I helped my mom with grocery shopping and we went clothes shopping again- this time at a different mall, and I came home with several new outfits. This time, though, my dad was at work so I couldn't drag him off to the Vans store to look at their shoes. I want to get him a pair with hibiscus flowers on 'em. But he says that people won't take him seriously then. I don't understand that, but ok.
Thursday (yesterday) was another stay-at-home day, and it's good we did because we had kind of a mini-blizzard (not the Dairy Queen kind) thing most of the day. And the power was out. I couldn't cook anything for lunch because the stove wouldn't work, obviously. It came on just in time for us to cook dinner, though. 
Today my mom and I went over to my grandparent's house for lunch. My mom and grandma and I played a three-hour game of Earthopoly, a form of that old classic game Monopoly, and it couldn't really end since all the properties were evenly distributed between the three of us. Now I am home and my dad is editing the photos from the band fundraiser and my mom is playing her violin. Bedtime soon. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment