Friday, February 12, 2016

Break Time FINALLY

Today is/was the last day of school for a week. Next week there's no school and then we go straight through March with no breaks. 
So this is time to recharge. 
Tonight is the big band fundraiser complete with big band music from Varsity Jazz. Stupidly, I signed up to do set up yesterday instead of something today. Next year, I'll do set up again, but I won't be stupid enough to pass up a chance to be there the night of. It's also kind of weird that I helped out yesterday instead of today because both of my parents will be there helping tonight. Oh well. 3 more years to do it. 
Now, on to what I will be doing over break. 
Over the break I am staying here at home unlike a lot of my acquaintances at school. People are going to Hawaii and New York and Sun Valley, for family vacations and ski races and the like. While here at home, I have some organizing to do in terms of my house (I’ve let stuff build up over the past few weeks), a minuscule and insignificant amount of homework, and I know we're going shopping and stuff one day this week. On Wednesday I have to go to the dentist. Other than that, I'm hoping to watch Star Wars or some other movie and continue reading the would-you-rather series from SparkLife. This week's was very perplexing and related to Valentine's Day. See it here. I ended up not deciding what thing I would go with in the end.  

I decided just a minute ago when I paused to think that I would write about why Ireland is a great thing and why I want to go there. First, it’s naturally green! All the green is real pretty especially during the few times when it’s sunny. Then there’s Dublin, the capital, where everything that you could want in a city convenes. And then, of course, there’s all the people! You know there are more famous bands and actors and stuff from Dublin than you might expect? Examples U2 (old but good) and Domhnall Gleeson (most people know who he is, right?). 

Ever since I posted my “Assigned Thing” post I’ve kind of wanted to write to the other actors from Star Wars. Kind of…

Dear Domhnall Gleeson:
Who are you?
I don’t know since I’m not the type to stalk celebrities and also my phone doesn’t have Twitter/Instagram/Facebook/etc. 
I like Star Wars. (That’s the only one of the movies you were in that I’ve seen)
What’s Ireland like?
Um, what else… (Meanwhile in my brain: disrupted binary brain code: 00110a;lsk011dj?*ERROR*wha?t to say… a;lks00111010100dfj?huh what’s happening 01110101010s;l?;aks0101000101ejawkn/;? GET ORGANIZED! 00101111010010end it now10111010001010111010 < organized binary brain code)
Yeah.
(end of letter thing)

…but not really. *Sigh* I fail at writing letters and I especially lose my mind around celebrities.

I want to go to Ireland for the abundance of green, Dublin, and the Irish dance (which I used to do competitively).
And while I’m there, I do not wish to run into any famous people if I can avoid it, thanks! 

(For any of you that actually took the time to read the Would-You-Rather above, I REALLY don't want to EVER FIND MYSELF STUCK IN AN ELEVATOR WITH ANY ACTOR OR ACTRESS ESPECIALLY THOSE FROM STAR WARS. I WOULD PROBABLY JUST FLOP TO THE FLOOR AND NOT BE ABLE TO SAY A WORD. FOR THAT REASON I'M NOT RIDING ELEVATORS pretty much ever again. JUST IN CASE. [yeah, just me being paranoid] But I don't want a list of everyone who's ever liked me, either...)

Moving on. 
On Monday, my friend Syscilia shows up next to my locker after lunch and has a huge smile on her face. I ask her what she’s so happy about. She tells me to ask our friend Emily. So I finish packing my bag and then go to find Emily. She’s at her locker. I ask her what Syscilia is so happy about. 

It turns out that she’s dating this Mongolian kid that goes to our school. I don’t have a problem with this except that she keeps bothering me to tell her who I like (which is no one). I have explained to many different people and parties of people over the years since about 5th grade that I don’t yet have a love life, but all of them seem to say that’s not possible. It’s not true that I haven’t ever liked someone, but, especially now, I just don’t give it hardly any thought. That’s why I say I don’t have a love life. For all of you who have been pestering me about it, there’s your answer. Pester no longer.

Excuse me a minute, Seabiscuit demands some hay and an apple.
This is what I spend my time on...
(my pic)
Seabiscuit was made in 2003 by Breyer to accompany the release of the film Seabiscuit, which in turn was the movie adaptation of Seabiscuit: An American Legend by Laura Hillenbrand. Maybe I will watch that or Secretariat in the next week.
Most everyone in the band program is currently at the Sweetheart Gala helping with something or else playing big band and jazz music. I wish I was there too. Next year. 

Also during the book I'm going to buy a quality book from Barnes and Noble. Maybe a fancy coloring book too.

And now I need to go to bed. Bye. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment