Ah, this'll be a controversial one.
Day 4: Discuss your views on religion.
Hmmm.
Well, since I haven't been to church since I was about 3, I can say that church/religion is kind of overrated. Now, if you want to believe in God and all that, then fine. I won't judge you for it. Religion means little or nothing to me, so you can believe in whatever you like and be my friend.
I do think we should all try to be good people. That's one good thing church does for you- it teaches morals. That part is good. Try to be nice, forgiving, and not selfish and you'll do fine in life. But if you're an agnostic/atheist, don't be too hard on people that do believe in that religion stuff. Ever seen those "Coexist" bumper stickers? We could all do with some of those.
![]() |
What I really don't like in religion is how it meshes with society. Like in Islam, women aren't treated very fairly at all; they're forced to wear those black robe-things whenever they leave the house, and fundamental Islam prohibits the practice of "Western leisure activities" like surfing the internet, listening to music, playing sports, whatever. They think everybody should use their free time to study religion, which is why I hope ISIS doesn't succeed in taking over the world- not that they really have a chance- because I don't think I could live without internet. But I still don't judge people for being Muslims. They can do what they want.
That's basically the whole idea. Just be nice to people and think, "They can do what they want without me judging them because I'm a nice person." Lesson of the day: coexist.
Thnx for hearing me out.
That's basically the whole idea. Just be nice to people and think, "They can do what they want without me judging them because I'm a nice person." Lesson of the day: coexist.
Thnx for hearing me out.

No comments:
Post a Comment