Monday, June 6, 2016

Blog Challenge *Day 3*

Day 3 asks: What are your pet peeves?
I have a lot. Here you go.

  • Annoying teenage guys. I can put up with them, but still... ugh.
  • Price tags. Everything is way too expensive these days. Can you please give me an electric Range Rover for $50? That's how much I have. No? Shame.
  • When teachers don't tell you when something's due, and then you have to scramble to finish it at the last minute.
  • When my Bose bluetooth speaker cuts in and out. The connection isn't always super strong when it has to transmit the signals through my bedroom door.
  • When people talk while the drum major's talking.
  • Spit valves that leak. Enough said? Yeah.
  • Having to get up at ungodly hours of the morning for dance competitions. Thank goodness I don't have to do that anymore. I only get up at 5:30 for the occasional parade. (Yes, I once got up much earlier than 5:30 for a dance thing. It was miserable.)
  • From Amazon, of course.
  • When I don't know the name of some popular thing, like a song or these sandals (above), and I waste SO MUCH TIME fruitlessly looking for whatever it is.
  • When things get really loud and rowdy on the band bus. There have been some interesting times, all right...
  • People who don't pack until the night before leaving on their trip! This is just so surely a way to forget some vital thing. I can't fathom how they do it. I always start packing at least two weeks in advance, or else I just loose my head and can't think. Don't judge me, I'm being proactive. You'll thank me on the Hawaii trip when I remember toothpaste and you don't.
  • Blazzfests (excessive blasting) from the trombones while we're trying to do sectionals.
  • PEOPLE LEAVING THE ROOM AND NOT COMING BACK DURING SECTIONALS, SUCH THAT WE GET NOTHING DONE. <This is highly bothersome. Trust me.
  • Consumerism.
  • Trump.
  • Homework.
  • When your parents let you buy a birthday present early, but then take it and hide it right when you get home from the mall. You have to wait, they said. It's a birthday present, they said. Well, yeah.
  • The lack of a presence of a marching band at my old school. Another extremely bothersome one.
  • When I do my excellent British Isles accent, but pronounce ONE WORD wrong.
  • Pretty much all mainstream popular music. I am thoroughly stuck in the 80's when it comes to music. U2, The Police, and Yes all serve me much better than all this newfangled popular stuff.
  • When people don't get up on their toes for the backwards slide marching step. I'm seriously pretty much the only person that does this right.
  • When you've almost made it through the whole day with your white jeans, and then you unknowingly spill something on them. Your friends tell you a lot later. Annoying.
  • Texting on my flip phone. It's one of those where you have to press the keys multiple times to get the right letters.
  • When that same phone beeps at me in the middle of the night, trying to tell me it needs charging. I have to get out of bed and plug it in to make it stop. Rawr.
  • Other stuff. I'm too lazy to think of more, so goodbye. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment