Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Cool Things that the Vanguard Did

What I do on Sunday/Monday nights: look at DCI pictures.
Now, I went to a DCI competition in July and saw 5 world class corps and it changed my marching life.
I learned some things.
Namely that the great people in California that are called the Santa Clara Vanguard are amazing.
In fact the Vanguard is so obscenely awesome that they can do things like all of these that I found on the Interwebs today. Exhibit A:
www.youtube.com
They can randomly stand on stacks of Arabian-style floor cushions all across the field.
Exhibit B:
www.pinterest.com
Things like this. No explanation needed.
Exhibit C:
www.dci.org
The 'V' of cymbals. Or this view:
lordsworkr.deviantart.com
Exhibit D:
dci271.dci.org
Complex forms. Hard to march to, still way cool-looking once they get there.
Exhibit E:
www.santaclaraweekly.com
Cymbal moves.
Exhibit F:
dimasmonde.blogspot.com
Cymbal suicide. Ah, them crazy cymbals... (HA look who's talking...trumpet girl...)
Yep. More cool stuff from other corps coming later!

No comments:

Post a Comment