Sunday, November 1, 2015

Halloween

Do you like Halloween? If so, congratulations, you're the opposite of me. I don't much care for Halloween myself. The whole trick-or-treating thing becomes overrated at times, but I do like dressing up and seeing my friends' costumes. I especially liked my friend Sam's costume, a big red blob that turned out to be Blinky from Pac-Man. This year, I dressed up as me in my true form- a band nerd- and I managed to get glitter all over my house in the process. Needless to say, I did a lot of vacuuming after I finished my costume, which was a red shirt with "I love band" stenciled on it. Next year, I really hope that I have band on the day we can wear our costumes to school. This is because I have never experienced Halloween in the band department. I'm curious to see what it's like. I'm also looking forward to Christmas and our Christmas concert. Good times. 
I don't have much against Halloween. For some people it's fun and it's a time to go walk around and get free candy. I just sit at home and watch Star Wars. (I actually did this last night with my friend Ceci. She came over to my house and we watched Episodes IV and V, and she brought me old copies of Arabian Horse World magazine instead of candy. Yay!)
Here's my glittery shirt, anyway, as I drew it on my computer. I would actually take a picture of it, but it's currently in a plastic bag on my craft table because my mom didn't want it shedding glitter all over the house. This is perfectly reasonable, as I haven't sealed the glitter yet.

Great, quick Halloween semi-costume. I love it.

I guess this post will be a semi-tutorial on how to make a shirt like this.
*Instructions start here* Obtain a shirt in your size in the color you want. If you can find one in your closet, great. If not, go buy one. Then either make or buy stencils. I obviously couldn't find any that said "I love band" or anything, so I just got stencil blanks instead and cut out the letters and a trumpet from it. So, either cut out your stencils or take them out of the packaging, and then plan out where you want everything to go on the shirt. After you have a fairly good plan for that, stencil it on! I used a glue made specifically for gluing down rhinestones and glitter. Then seal the glitter, if you can find out how. I haven't figured this out yet, but if you search for it on the great Internet, you should be able to find something. *End of instructions*
Then you're done. Dazzle your friends with all the glitter. 
So, yeah. Halloween is fun in terms of dressing up and seeing other people's costumes and whatnot. I've just never been a super-big fan of trick-or-treating, as all you get out of walking around in the cold is a bucket of candy. If you think this is a worthwhile benefit, then, that's fine. I've only been trick-or-treating once and it wasn't the best thing ever. If somebody invites me I might go. But leave me to my own ways, and I'll go home and watch movies. Yeah. So Halloween is fun enough, I just don't want to walk around in the cold after dark just to get candy. If I'm really missing something here, somebody tell me. But that's what I'm getting out of Halloween at the moment. Sorry. 
Digital art by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment