Yesterday's band class was extra special, though. It was try-out-new-instruments day! On these days, a salesperson from our local premier instrument dealers bring instruments to our band classes for us to try out. I, having never experienced one of these days before, was through the roof with anticipation. You see, I currently play an old trumpet of unknown origin. At the end of last school year, round about late May, my band teacher taught me how to play trumpet after school one day. He pulled my current trumpet out of a closet and said, "Here! Play this!" And so I did. Although, it took me about an hour to get any sound.
But now that I've played trumpet for a solid 5 months and 2 weeks (that's an estimate), I want to look at other, newer horns to eventually either rent or buy. I'm not too serious about it though, just sparking my curiosity, because I need to save money for Hawaii, and no good trumpet comes cheap. So I was excited about having an opportunity to play high-end instruments without having to travel into the city! There were 4 trumpets, and I think I played 3 of them. But the one that REALLY stood out and that I really liked was the Cannonball 725. Observe:
![]() |
| Creds to http://www.cannonballmusic.com |
I love this trumpet so much because it's easy to play, not to mention the fact that it looks cool. It's a pro trumpet though, which is out of my league both in what I should be playing and price. I looked at the price tag when I got my hands on this one to try it out. I think what I said at first was, "WHOA, I could go on the Hawaii trip for that much!!" I wasn't really surprised, but a bit disappointed. It plays really well. If you're also a band person, then you should check out the rest of the Cannonball Instruments. They make saxophones, clarinets, and flutes in addition to trumpets.
Ah, well. Maybe I'll buy it someday.
But, moving on to a happier note, happy NaNoWriMo! That's short for National Novel Writing Month, which is every November. I did it last year as part of a creative writing class and I had so much fun doing it that I'm doing it again this year, even without the class time to write like I had last year. If you've ever wanted to write books and stories, you should try it! Even though my first semi-finished novel from last year was a complete fail, I learned a lot about the writing process, character development, narrative writing, and other good stuff. I assure you that by the end of the month you'll feel much more confident with writing.
Well, since that's all for now... more coming soon on the weekend...

No comments:
Post a Comment