Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Dance Regionals- Part 2

I really kind of don't want to finish this story, as it happened so long ago, but I suppose I must and should, so as not to keep you waiting too far into this new year. At this point it was almost two months ago that I was dancing (where has the time gone???), but I haven't forgotten any of the details, really. I left off in Dance Regionals- Part 1 where I had figured out that I had recalled- meaning I had placed somewhere in the top six out of the fourteen in my competition- and was thus waiting for awards, which were supposed to be at 4 p.m. 
By the time I had found out about my recall, I think it was about 10 in the morning. I had danced at 7:30 or 8 and had been up since 4 a.m, but the excitement of the day kept me going. 
(Note: I've been composing this post for more than 2 months, too- I don't really want to finish it in great detail so I'll just prioritize and finish.)
I did recall, one of only 6 out of the 14 original competitors in my competition. Then we waited many hours for awards, which were initially delayed about an hour, but I did get an event sweatshirt while we were waiting, as well as folding a bunch of little origami stars. I didn't bother with homework until the next day, which was Saturday and thus the weekend. Awards started at about six in the evening and by the time I came out of there it was 7 or 8 o'clock and I had gotten second place. Yay. I got a nice white sash and a small vase made of irish crystal. 
Yep. It was cool, and I'm glad I got to do it. 
Irish stuff. In the middle: dance shoes. On the right: a spiral, or triskelle, as the ancient Celts called it. 
WAIT- guess what else is Irish? The popular 80's band U2! You may or may not believe that, but it's true. All of the original band members hail from Dublin, the capital of Ireland. One time my dad was in Ireland for a business trip and him and his colleagues were walking through Dublin looking for a good place to have dinner. One of his colleagues requested that they go to a place that was playing irish music- and he meant the kind that we dance to (traditional), not stuff like U2. And so on they walked. Sometime soon after that they walked up to a pub that was playing U2. My dad, who was the only one in the group that knew U2 was Irish, said, "Hey- there's some Irish music!" He told us that he said it jokingly, but even then he got some weird stares from his co-workers. So, yeah. There's your random factoid of the day. And yes, I got second place at dance regionals this year. 8)
Goodbye. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment