Friday, January 29, 2016

I Built an X-Wing

My photos.
OK *sighs in relief* I know I just posted the "Assigned Thing", but that had to be done this weekend and I couldn't possibly leave it any longer due to the fact that I had good ideas for it and that it's due Sunday.
I am sorry to say that I have neglected this blog for a while due to a 4-day weekend last weekend and the weekend we just finished. Both times were very busy ones and I didn't bother to write stuff on here. I was working on a post on traveling before the 4-day weekend, but once the actual weekend rolled around I wasn't working on school stuff. I went to see Star Wars for the second time and went to the mall to look at Legos and stuff and I went to Barnes and Noble- I somehow managed to walk in and out of there without buying anything. I regret that now. But I'm going back over February break and will likely get the special-edition hardcover Star Wars book that's really pretty much a transcript of the movie plus some special freeze-frames in the middle on nice glossy pages. 
Other than all of that fun stuff, I survived the 3-day school week last week (there was standardized testing and for some reason we couldn't go to band), practiced trumpet, and built a prototype X-wing out of the Lego set I got for Christmas. This was perhaps the most monumental event of the weekend, as I did it in about 3 hours total and it was entirely of my own design. My dad came into my room while I was building, looked over my shoulder while I put on the finishing touches, and said, "Hmm... I think I know what I need to get you for your birthday now." I wonder what that meant. ;)
I also liked doing this because now I can say, "Yeah, I built an X-wing", all nonchalantly like they said, "Honey, I shrunk the kids" in that movie (which I happen to not remember). The minute I get home and finish my homework, I'm taking pictures of it on a nice white background. At the beginning of the year I promised myself I would use my mom's camera to take better pictures of stuff for this blog, so now you will be treated to high-quality, less grainy pictures off a Sony camera instead of the Photo Booth camera on my computer.
Ok, home now. Here are your photos.
From the side. 
From above.
The boarding ramp and spot for droids!
I'm not sure whether or not to be done with the building yet, because I have a lot of smooth plates and finishing pieces leftover and I want to make the whole thing as smooth as possible. I'll see what I can do. Like I said, it's hypothetical. There's not much space and it's not scaled to the Lego mini-figures, but if I had some more specialized pieces I could probably make it into a nice play set. The other problem is that the wings- s-foils- do move, but every time I try to move them I have to retract the wheels and the wings actually break off; the fastenings aren't too strong. 
Improvements needed, it's still pretty cool as far as viewing pleasure goes. For now I just move it around my room throughout the day as I need to, but after the first 2 weeks of February pass, I'll have break time from school during which I will build with Legos, finish this x-wing, listen to U2 and Coldplay, go back to the bookstore, and watch Episode VI of Star Wars since it'll be months until I see Episode VII again, as it doesn't come out on home video for quite a while. 
So, yes. I built an x-wing.

1 comment:

  1. Thats not a proper x-wing. However I don't care about that because your work is excellent. the amount of detail you put into your posts is really something to admire.

    ReplyDelete