Tuesday, January 12, 2016

New Posts: Fictional Equine Champions + Champion #1

Over Christmas break, while I was stuck at home with my mild sickness, I had the idea of drawing the horses from all the stories I've written- most of them realistic fiction and fantasy. Yes, I'm a fan of writing stories. I've done NaNoWriMo twice now- this year and last year- each time with a different subject. I've also done random story writing based on random things during the regular year. Has any of this writing been really good? No!! But what my stories DO yield are some beautiful, interesting, insert-other-positive-adjective-here horses, usually the main subject or champion of the story! So I did draw these horses (although I didn't draw them all), and now I'm making a series out of it. I'm calling it Fictional Equine Champions (equines are horses, for all of you that don't know that) and each champion's post will include some background info and their picture. Yeah! 
Fictional Equine Champion #1: CrowntheSun
Breed: Arabian [purebred]
Type: Egyptian Arabian
Color: Golden palomino with medium-brown hooves and amber-colored eyes
From the story: My unnamed, unfinished NaNoWriMo novel from last year
Origin of name: I believe I got the idea from a picture of a horse silhouetted against the setting sun, along with the outline of a crown above it. 
Accomplishments: Winner of a U.S. National Futurity Yearling's competition (a competition to determine which horse will likely sire the most accurate foals, to be shown in-hand); also a successful national-level competitor in Park/Saddle-seat classes, in which the horse performs a high-stepping gait much like those seen in Tennessee Walking Horses.
Sired: CrowntheWind, Golden Sands IV (roughly Al-ramal Aldhahabi in Arabic), and SunFire
CrowntheSun- art by me.
Yep. So there you have the first Fictional Equine Champion! I'll try to do these weekly, or if not that much then every other week or so. It'll probably be less once we move into the spring months because I've got a lot to do. First our band program holds the biggest fundraiser of the year- a Valentine's Day dance- and we students are expected to help out with that. And no, I'm not asking anyone to go to it with me! I don't especially like dances but this one is extremely important because of the money it brings in to fund our band classes. Then, in March, we've got solo & ensemble competitions for band. I'm not sure if we have to travel or not for that, but either way it'll be busy. As we move into late spring, the marching season gears up to start (yay!), we have our spring concerts, and it's time for year-long finals! Plus I have to take the AP test this year for geography. :l So all in all, I'll be busy. But that's OK. I WILL SURVIVE!!! But moving on from the stressed-out schedule rant, that concludes the first Fictional Equine Champion post. Next I will tell you 2 pieces of news: 1. I have a pending schedule change request in which I will move from a visual arts class into jazz band! Fun. I hope it works. 2. Before Christmas break, all the staff members of the band department vacated their offices and disappeared off to Chicago for the Midwest Band & Orchestra convention, leaving us at home to try out the concept of chamber music (we did not succeed, unfortunately; rather, we fought and couldn't decide what to play. It was a relief when Mr. Taylor came back). Whilst in Chicago, Mr. Taylor talked with Fred J. Miller Inc, the company responsible for designing and bringing into existence our marching uniforms. This time around, they designed costumes for our color guard. At this point it's just a rough draft, but I think it looks pretty good (It pretty much matches our uniforms in the school colors). 
Yes. That is what I've been doing recently. 'Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment