![]() |
| Mallscape- by me |
Anyway, you're probably wondering why I titled this '3 Malls, 1 Day'. I called it that because it's true. The items on my list were t-shirts and shorts, sunglasses, and shoes. All of this is spread between JC Penney, Dillard's and Charming Charlie (where I like to get my sunglasses). In the nearest large city, there are 3 major malls; one has JC Penney while the other 2 don't, one has Dillard's and Vans, and the last one has Charming Charlie. So what could we do but visit all three?
My dad had work, so he took off around 8 in the morning. My mom and I enjoyed a more leisurely breakfast (you got to stock up on energy before you shop), then left for JC Penney. They did indeed have their summer juniors collection in, although I couldn't find a certain style of shorts that I wanted! They're the right length (not too short or long) but they weren't there, so I settled for a pair of Bermuda-style shorts instead. I got t-shirts, too, like I had wanted. That was all we needed at that particular mall, so we went to Charming Charlie next, where they sell everything you could want in jewelry and such. Most of it's real gaudy and silly and impractical, but it's fun to look at and I do like their sunglasses. My old pair of leopard-print aviators from them survived an entire marching season, so that's saying something. I got a new pair of aviators- white this time- and then was dragged into Sur La Table by my mom to look at kitchen stuff. This didn't bother me really, but I was distracted by the distracting thing that is Vans, waiting for me at yet another mall. I was patient.
Après (after) our visit to the kitchen store, we embarked on our journey to the 3rd and final mall of the day, which housed many things that were of use: Vans, Dillard's, Apple, Cheesecake Factory, Lego, etc. This was where my dad was meeting us at 3 o'clock so we could all look at Vans, because that's fun. But first my mom and I went up to Dillard's to see if we could seek redemption in the form of shorts. With luck, we found a pair (NOT for $98) and got out of that department store just in time to meet my dad, who was waiting for us outside the Container Store. We all went around the corner to Vans and perused their rows of shoe shelves; we had fun picking out the wackiest pair (the chicken-and-waffles print ones won). But there was also the important business of looking for the pair I wanted! Yes, they were there. AND THEY WERE ON SALE!!! What luck! We did get them, but much to my chagrin they're a birthday present so I can't wear them- or see them again- until June. Oh well. I can wait (there's only 8 weeks of school left, by the way). After Vans, we went to the Lego store where they finally had the new Star Wars sets in stock, which I also want for my birthday. Then, since my dad also wanted shoes but didn't fit into Vans, we drove to DSW to look at running shoes for him. I kept trying to get him to buy a pair of Converse low-tops, but he wasn't into those, really. Instead he ordered a pair of Nikes while we were waiting for our food back at The Cheesecake Factory. After eating our dinner there and going to get ice cream for desert, we drove back home. And such ended our day in which I visited- and bought stuff from- three different malls. It was quite an interesting experience.

No comments:
Post a Comment