Am Procrastinator
... like many of my fellow teenagers. On Tuesday I came home, looked at my to-do list, and wasted two hours doing not-homework. Mostly I'm a procrastinator about homework, which I get done eventually. I'll want to practice music but not do homework, so I try to do homework first and might get some busy work done, and then it's either dinner or time to practice, and then after dinner I'll get some more stuff done. That's at least how it usually goes.
But yesterday I felt like doing nothing that was assigned. I studied for my two tests I had today, but other than that I decided not to get a head start on any actual WORK for the week. I practiced nearly right after getting home, and read a book for English, and otherwise browsed through my files because I was bored. I was basically like:
And then I went out to our music room to practice instead.
Here's the rough process:
 |
| By me |
The funny thing is, it isn't always like this. There are days where I get lots of stuff done. Take yesterday, for example. Yesterday I came home, walked up and down the hill up to our driveway three times, came in, did my math homework, cooked dinner because my mom told me to, practiced, and got to bed at 9:00, my goal time. I haven't had an efficient day like that in a while, but it was nice, so I'm trying to do it more consistently.
Other than me trying to be proactive, there are only 25 days of school left! Mind you, I've got to pass finals and an AP test in those 25 days, but before those 25 days are past, marching band starts! At this point I think it's only about 3 weeks until it starts, so now I actually have some motivation. But look at the weather for the next week!
This is alarming. It'll be May on Sunday, and if this carries on much longer we'll be wearing jeans and marching in the rain. This- please believe me- is miserable. It also spoils our plumes and makes them look like wet chickens (mind you, I haven't seen that happen, but Mr. Hughes claims it's true). Although, I have a suspicion that before the season starts, however, it will be warm and sunny again. Funny how quickly the weather can change from end-of-winter to super-dry summer. I suppose we shall see what we shall see.
In other news, my dad announced to me that he may like to buy the new iPhone when it comes out in November, so I'm trying to write up a case file to convince my mother to let me have the old iPhone. I asked for one before and been turned down; my dad claims that she doesn't want to just give me an iPhone. I took that to mean that I would have to earn money for it. And let's be honest: I'll probably procrastinate on that, too, and remember the day my dad goes to the store to get the new phone. Oh WELL. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment