Saturday, April 2, 2016

It's Spring!

Hello again! As it's a blog day in English, I'm posting for the second time this week. And since yesterday was the last day until our week-long spring break, I thought I'd do a winter-to-spring transition post! 
First: it looks and feels like spring! For the first time in 3 snowy/rainy days, the sun is shining and it's fairly warm! This makes for an epic break- good weather is always a plus. I imagine that with all of this wonderful sunniness, people will be getting out their campers and boats that have been put away for the past cold months. Plus, tonight, I might be able to finally see the stars. Since my bed is right next to the window, I can open the curtains at night and look at the stars. It's cool. (Yes, they're out. I can see them right now.)
My room right now. By me.
Speaking of my room, I'm going to start designing my next room arrangement over the break! I redo it every summer and this time I'm going to try and unify the theme a bit more. This is a good way to change stuff up after winter- try rearranging your room to make it less cozy and more open. This'll feel better when the temperatures soar in the summer. I also need to clean my room out. I have this problem where I clean the stuff I use all the time, but not all the stuff I've archived. It piles up more and more until it takes up a bunch of room and then I can't put any new stuff in my room. This is problematic, but it's something I can solve.
I'm also updating my wardrobe to point more towards summer! This, of course, includes Vans in hibiscus print and more bright-colored things. White is nice, but marching band doesn't tolerate it, so I'm aiming more towards pink, orange, lime green, light-wash denim, etc. 
http://www.vans.com/shop/womens-shoes-classics/hawaiian-floral-sk8-hi-slim-black
Awesome shoes... though not for marching.
The other day (Monday, when I was home sick) I was putting some stuff away in my closet and I pulled out some old bracelets I made that I had forgotten about! These have an obvious summer vibe, so I put them on top of one of my bookcases where they're easily accessible. The moment it's warm enough to wear elbow-length sleeves, I'll be wearing them every day. And making more of them. I have a kit to do this.
And then it's going to be my birthday!! It's on a Wednesday this year in June, so everyone in marching band will know. Like I care, really. It'll be fun, I want Legos and a new suitcase for Hawaii. Fun stuff. 
I also need to stock up on music- especially U2 and Coldplay. We have most of the albums from both bands that I really need, but I'm giving my dad iTunes gift cards for his birthday to make sure we can get the others in time (Viva la Vida!). Good stuff, music. Something I obviously can't live without long-term.Good luck transitioning into spring/summer and surviving the rest of school! Yeah, forget it, winter- I'm moving on to SPRING.
--Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment