THE BAND GEEK IS BACK.
School starts in 2 days and I'm back- at least for right this minute- for a few posts.
You're probably wanting to know what I did these past 3 months, which in all honesty have seemed like 2 weeks.
Well, here you are: I...
- went to band practice every day in June (perfect attendance) and got tan #1 of the summer.
- did tie dye.
- wore my Hawaiian print shoes.
- marched parades.
| None of these peeps is me, but anyway. |
- did band stuff for July 4th.
- took pictures.
- Went to music camp and saw this thing- this thing being a contra bass saxophone. One of 12 in the world.
- Went to a Drum Corps International competition and saw drum and bugle corps including the Santa Clara Vanguard, the Blue Knights, the Blue Devils, the Cascades, Gold, the Columbians, etc.
- Practiced and started working on All-State band auditions.
- Designed band uniforms.
- Saw the Santa Clara Vanguard pass through town in their awesome Bandwagons!!!
- Went to band camp, which turned out to be a 3-day festival of sunburn, fractured singing, grunts, and foghorn noises. There's a reason these things aren't made public.
- Took out a subscription to Halftime magazine- the magazine of the marching arts. I AM SUCH A BAND GEEK. 8)
- Did online classes.
- Ran a few miles.
- Visited my friend's new puppy.
- Went shopping.
- Sewed myself a pair of shorts on the new sewing machine my mom bought. So far I've done more sewing on it than her- and I generally don't sew.
Yep. Hello again. And probably goodbye for a while. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment